|Please take the time to
read our Non-Disclosure Agreement before downloading it.
RMVclean Virus Remover
Version 4.01.19 last updated January 19, 1999
RMVclean.XLS is a
utility to clean files of the XM/LAROUX, XF/PAIX.A virus,
and also clear invalid sheets in files previously
cleaned. RMVclean.xls replaces the previous utility known
addressed by the utility
- removes XF/PAIX.A infections on access
- removes "pldt" modules left after cleaning by
older scan engines
- notification message that file has been cleaned of
- notification message that file has been cleaned of PLDT
- removes multiple sheets with "****"
- removes styles using "zRemove_all_styles"
macro (run manually)
- removes XM/LAROUX infections on access
- removes XM/EXTRAS infections on access
- searches and removes known XM/LAROUX infected workbooks
from XLSTART folder
- show hidden sheets in workbook using
"zShow_hiddensheets" (run manually)
- RMVclean version information is in dialog boxes
- removes XF/SIC.A infections on access
- POPUP message that file has been cleaned of XF/SIC.A
- removes leftover "define names" from XF/SIC.A
virus cleanings by AV products
since previous version*
GENERIC detection of virus module not detected by
- if GENERIC detection of virus, code module exoprted to
file "CODE_RMV.BAS" and suggestive message to
user to send copy of file to
"firstname.lastname@example.org" for analysis
- remove Excel97 virus modules by removing all lines and
replacing with a single comment line
'« This module removed by
RMVclean! AVERT - RMVclean Utility - version 4.02.24 »'
- virus module exported to file "CODE_RMV.BAS"
- remove the parasitic effects of the XF/Sugar.d virus,
which appends code to Excel97 workbook modules
for running Program
utility was designed originally to remove the XF/PAIX.A
virus from files. It has also been modified and upgraded
to remove PLDT and LAROUX modules from files, cleaning
them of possibly new and not detected LAROUX variants and
also removing remnant code.
Before using this utility, it is recommended that
VirusScan v4.0.2 be used to identify and clean viruses on
your system(s). In the event you do not have VirusScan,
or cannot get this version, RMVclean.XLS can be used to
clean files on access.
Also before using RMVclean.XLS
- check your local system for the file XLSHEET.XLA - if
found, please remove it. This file is a known XF/PAIX.A
infected workbook, and if present, normally found in
- check the XLSTART folder for Microsoft Office for
unknown workbooks such as PLDT.XLS, PERSONAL.XLS or
BINV.XLS - if found, remove them.
Please exit Excel95/97 at this time, if it is open.
Use Windows 95/NT "START » FIND" feature to
search for the XLSTART folder on your local system. When
found, place RMVclean.XLS in that folder; typically
Excel97- "\program files\microsoft
Use Excel95 or Excel97 as you normally would. In the
background, RMVclean.XLS is working to remove the
XF/PAIX.A infection on any workbook you may open.
In addition, it will remove invalid styles placed into
workbooks by various versions of "LAROUX" and
also "XF/PAIX.A" Excel macro viruses. To remove
styles requires to run the macro in RMVclean manually.
* Choose TOOLS » MACRO (if Excel97 » macros)
* Select "RMVclean.xls!zRemove_all_styles" and
* A dialogue box will ask if you want to process the
- YES will process the entire workbook and delete
- NO will only process the current sheet and delete
* As styles are checked, they are listed at the bottom of
the workbook statusbar
Please report any errors to
"email@example.com", please reference the
version of RMVclean.XLS you are using. If not sure,
locate the file and select "properties" of the
file, the version info is in the properties.
"add-in" utility program has not been approved
by Quality Assurance. It has been designed to help you
address various issues and should be used as recommended
by your NAI representative.
For any further
questions please contact Virus Research at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 1999, Network Associates, Inc.
and its affiliated Companies. All Rights Reserved.